Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What I learn from 'my veggie patch'.

I started my small veggie patch late last year when I felt the need to divert my attention from my research. Yes, that's how bad it was. Using the hoe as my weapon to break the hard brown soil, I felt a sense of relieve. I felt good. 

From planting the basic lemon grass and pandan plants, I advanced to veggies and everyday herbs. And today, after sowing the seeds of my kangkung in mid March, I ate my own grown veggie for the first time (in Terengganu) (and this also excludes eating taugeh, which was the experiments of Al Fateh and Alwani)!







My skinny kangkung.

Looking at the photos captured, I praise to Allah for His power to make things grow.

I learn that the kids enjoyed looking at the different phases of the growth. My wee veggie patch allows me to introduce to the kids the idea of caring of our surroundings, how to treat plants. Even Yusuf loves to take part by practically standing by the hose to 'book' his turn to water the plants. Alhamdulillah for this opportunity.

And of course, the best part is.....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
eating them!

Delish in hubster's Yong-Tau-Foo dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...