In writing and reviewing various journal articles, I found that some articles were more ‘reader friendly’ than others. When, I analysed them, I discovered that these researchers have the flair of language which made the articles more comprehensible and lucid. I want to be like them, too!
So, that’s when I learned to use the intelligent process of cut & paste. This process involves;
- Scanning for intelligently thought and wonderfully constructed sentences in any articles
- Strip all the content
- Leave only the grammatical constructs.
Listed below are some of the examples:
- The study builds on and contributes to work in In recent years, have gained more attention for a number of reasons.
Different studies have also proven the importance of . They investigate the characteristics of
The recent development of could be used to provide .
Some researchers think that , while others believe .
- There is no empirical research that compared . Hence, more research is needed on .
- A review of the literature shows the need to evaluate .
- There is also the need to find out if .
- Although studies have examined , there has not been a .
- As such, this study provides additional insight into .
- The analytic focus on enables another contribution.
- Although numerous studies ( ) have identified , little analytic attention has been paid to .
- The study addresses this issue by demonstrating .
- Although it was a decade ago that made this observation, it has a timeless quality and is applicable to our present generation.
- A considerable body of research exists which illustrates the significant relationship between and .
- It is important to avoid the tendency to over generalize .
- Indeed, such information should, to some extent, determine .
- In spite of great strides made regarding U , many still have difficulty .
- The suggestions offered in this article are but a few of the strategies might utilize to ensure .
- This paper addresses the following questions: ; ; and .
- The majority of study on has focused . On the other hand, this study concentrates on .
- An attempt will be made to link to , with the aim of .
- A study of literature indicated that ( ).
- Another striking attribute of the is that it can also be related/differ to .
- The question now arises as to whether .
- Little is known about the .
- It is often supposed that . The actual influence of these .
- What has remain unclear until now are the interrelations among , and .
- Insight into these processes can make an important contribution to the improvement of .
- A large literature is available on the theory of , and a number of studies explore the . Nonetheless, the literature is missing .
- The study also examined many of the aforementioned critiques of the issues related to .
- was the founder of and influenced its spread as .
- The current study synthesises on .
- The development of has gained momentum over the past decade.
- Research has resulted in the identification of .
- A variety of factors are seen to be related to .
- Research has shown that may reflect .
- Whilst has undergone extensive investigation by researchers, the role of has not been as thoroughly researched and thus is not well understood.
- An extension of the debate takes the view that .
- In recent times the debate has gained new urgency in .
- Examining the issue of is important for evaluating .
- This study seeks to examine with respect to .
- Therefore, information obtained from studying the can serve to inform .
- Investigating is critical to determining the extent to which .
- While several studies have been conducted that show , few have been conducted to determine .
- This study sought to identify . To address this issue, .
- In pursuing this discussion, this paper defines as .
- It is expected that these findings can not only inform , but also serve as baseline for a change for .
- The study sought to provide in-depth information about . By taking this tack, it also sought to enhance .
- These elaborations are based on theoretical considerations ( , , , ).
- This study adapted and expanded ‘s model to use as a framework for .
- However, to date, the number of studies with the research design of is limited.
- This paper explores aspects that enhance .
p/s: These statements came from social sciences journal articles. I'm have not had a chance to explore the scientific journal articles (and I have no intention to do so, too! hihih.. my hands are full at the moment!)